Do you get emotional when you hear old greek songs about xenitia?

Go down

Do you get emotional when you hear old greek songs about xenitia? Empty Do you get emotional when you hear old greek songs about xenitia?

Post  Page on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:23 pm

My mom has a very beautiful voice and from my earliest memories, I would wake up every day to her singing. She would sing songs about xenitia but at that point, I didn't understand why she sang them but I did enjoy her singing. Most greek songs I learned, I heard from her before I ever heard recordings of them.
As I got older and started understanding the songs and what they truly meant, I would get emotional and start crying. I would immediately leave the room when she started singing and go hide somewhere where I could hear her and I would cry. Even to this day. There's one song in particular. It's called treno, germanias athinon. I did not hear the actual song till probably 20 years after I learned it from her and not because she's my mom but she sing the song a lot more beautifully then the recorded version. I'm telling you. KLAMA! But I enjoy it. It's good for us to remember where we came from and what our parents gave up leaving everything they knew and everything they loved behind.
Here's the song.

Page
Page

Back to top Go down

Do you get emotional when you hear old greek songs about xenitia? Empty Re: Do you get emotional when you hear old greek songs about xenitia?

Post  koutavaki on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:56 pm

yeah! my mom does get emotional and then when I see her I start too lo
ΤΟ ΨΩΜΙ ΤΗΣ ΞΕΝΙΤΙΑΣ!!!

Back to top Go down

Do you get emotional when you hear old greek songs about xenitia? Empty Re: Do you get emotional when you hear old greek songs about xenitia?

Post  ouryios!! on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 pm

me to methisi mou diavassa ksenixtia !!! tha ixa piotera tragoudia na valo
ouryios!!
ouryios!!

Back to top Go down

Post  mbratza on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:18 pm

I puke when I hear them

mbratza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum